1.What is the minimum system requirement? Does it support the Mac operating system?
The minimum system requirement is 8GB of RAM. Our software supports 64 bit Windows 10 and Mac system. Download: https://www.creality.com/download ->Software
2. Does the scanning speed and distance affect accuracy? The closer the better?
The accuracy is the same as long as it is within the scanning range of 400-900mm.
3. Can I scan body parts with this scanner?
Yes, this scanner can scan body parts such as hands, legs, waist, etc… It can also scan the whole body.
4. Does this scanner need supplemental light?
No, our scanner comes with a ring of 8 flashing LED lights.
5. What file format does your software support?
Our CR Studio can export models into STL and OBJ(with color) formats. It can then be imported into various 3d modeling software for secondary model processing.
6. Which lighting technology does the scanner use?
LED white light
7. Can I upload models to Creality Cloud within the software?
Yes, models can be uploaded to Creality directly.
8. What is the exact scanning range of this scanner?
The operating distance is 400-900mm. The scanning range is up to 500x370mm
9. How accurate is the scanning model?
The scanning accuracy is 0.1mm.
10. What is the texture resolution of the scanner?
Color resolution is 1.3 million pixels,1280*1024
11. How long does it take to scan a deer?
Generally speaking, scanning an animal specimen takes around 60 seconds.
12. What is the smallest object and the largest object that can be scanned by this scanner?
The smallest object it can scan is around 20mm. The largest object it can scan is around 2000-5000mm.
13. Are there any surfaces that cannot be scanned?
This scanner cannot scan transparent objects and surfaces with high reflection. These objects will need developer spray on the surface in order to be scanned. Hairs, furs, or similar tiny objects cannot be scanned either.
14. Can this scanner scan objects like remote control or mouse?
It depends on the surface. Yes, if it is matte surface; no, if it is a reflective surface(possible with help of developer spray)
15. Can this scanner scan the hollow structures like animal skulls?
Hollow structure needs multi-angle scanning with lights entered.The area without lights can not be scanned.
16. Can I scan outdoors?
Yes, it needs to be in a place with weak sunlight or at dusk, and it cannot be scanned under direct sunlight.
17. Does turnable mode scanning need a reference point?
No, our scanner does not need a reference point.
18. What is the maximum weight and size in turnable mode?
Less than 5kg in weight; less than 0.5m in size.
19. What is the scanning speed?
20. What certifications does the scanner have?
FCC, CE, ROSH
21. What is scanning depth?
Depth is related to occlusion. Areas where light cannot enter, such as inside of shoes and bottom of cups cannot be scanned.
22. Does the scanned data supports to convertesource file to a step?
It can be converted into a step through third-party software. This process is called reverse engineering.
23. There is no picture when I start scanning?
Please refer to the user manual. You need to import the Calib file from the USB first.
24. What is the range of “dot pitch”parameters of the scanner?
The dot pitch is 0.2-0.5mm.
25. Why does the computer show no connection when scanning?
The reasons could be the following. Please go through them step by step.
1. Is the data cable plugged in firmly?
2. Is the power cord plugged in firmly?
3. Is the data cable plugged into a USB 3.0 interface port?(usually blue)
4. Plug in the data cable before the power cord.
26. Can I scan models with real colors?
The scanned model supports 24bit true color. It can export with colors too.
27. What is the scope of a single scan range?
28. How to manually align multiple poses?
Align by manually selecting at least 3 points.
29. In turn table mode, the turntable is not rotating when I click start?
1. Please check if the turntable cable is connected.
2. Please check if the switch is on.
3. Try turning the control knob clockwise all the way.
30. Is there radiation when using the scanner?
LED white light, no radiation
31. Why is there no image when starting to scan?
Check whether the scanner is connected and whether the scanned object is within the range of 500-1000mm.
32. When the software is launched, it shows a message saying the usb driver is not found.
Reasons may be as below. Please check one by one.
1.Is the data cable plugged in firmly?
2.Is the power cord plugged in firmly?
3.Is the data cable plugged into a USB3.0 interface port?(usually blue)
4.Plug in the data cable before the power cord.
33. Why is it easy to lose track in handheld mode? How to get back on track?
Please check to see if the object is within the range of 500-1000mm. Backtrack to the feature rich or large area of the object.
34. What is the material of the scanner?
35. What is the input and output voltage of the product?
Input voltage: 100-240V, output voltage: 12V